As a group leader, does it feel like you give the same advice to the same people and nothing ever changes? Maybe you’re doing a lot of good things, but not the most important thing. Listen to this week’s episode to find out what that is.
(Episode length: 17 mins)
Main idea: The most important thing you can do for your group members is pray for them.
Only God has the power to change the human heart
- Ezekiel 37: Ezekiel’s vision of the valley of bones
Paul’s prayer for the Ephesian church
- Difference between knowing and tasting
- You can read about a relationship with Jesus in a book without actually tasting what that relationship is like
- Lives are not changed when people know about a relationship with Jesus; lives are changed when people taste a relationship with Jesus
- Paul prays for the Ephesians to have the eyes of their hearts enlightened to the taste of three flavors of a relationship with Christ…
- The hope to which God has called them. If people get that they will spend eternity with Jesus and that he came not only to redeem their future but to redeem their present, they will live differently.
- The riches of God’s inheritance in the saints. Paul prayed that the believers would know the riches of God’s glorious inheritance in the saints. God’s inheritance is the people who believe in Him (the “saints”).
- Knowing that God is giddy to spend eternity with you changes how you live and think.
- The immeasurable greatness of God’s power towards those who believe
- The power God gives to each believer is the same power that raised Christ from the dead, and the same power that ascended Christ into heaven and seated him at the right hand of God
This is part of a podcast I do for group leaders at my church. Browse the archives for more.